Saturday, February 12, 2011

Detergent deal from long ago...

A while back, CVS had a deal where if you bought $25 of participating products, you could get $10 ECB back.  One of the products was Wisk laundry detergent at $5, so if you bought 5, you could get them for a net cost of $15 ($25 - $10 ECB).  There were also $2 coupons available, so if you had 5, the final cost would be $5 + tax for 5 bottles of Wisk.  Not a bad deal at all!  When I went to the store, they were out, so I got a rain check.

Well, a few days ago I got an email for $4 off any $20 purchase.  So I knew this was now going to be a GREAT deal!

5 Wisk @ $5 each (raincheck) = $25
- 5 $2 coupons                          ($10)
- $4 off $20                               ($4)
- ECB from previous purchases  ($11)

Net price =  Tax only = $1.75

Received $10 ECB for next time

So I have $1 less in ECB, and I paid $1.75 out of pocket, for a total "cost" of $2.75 for 5 bottles of laundry detergent.  That'll go to Take 5 the next time I make a trip over.  The regular price at CVS for Wisk is $8.99 a bottle, so it's over $40 in savings from this one purchase!

1 comment:

  1. Great work, I was just able to do the Electrasol deal the other morning. I was so happy! Wish I had checked my Wisk rain check before leaving the store though, the cashier forgot to add the ecb's on it. Dang!

    ReplyDelete