Saturday, November 27, 2010

Post-Thanksgiving Super Ninja at Walgreens!

I realize I have not posted since November 4, which was 23 days ago by my ninja calculations.  That was because I've had this plan for the Walgreens 3-day sale (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend) and I did not want to jinx it.  Suffice it to say that although it didn't go quite as planned, it was still a great run.

I talked to Liane at Take 5, and she allowed me to use their tax ID number since all of this will be donated to them.  That really made it possible to get a lot of stuff for very little out of pocket.   I got:

55 Old Spice Body Spray ($3.99)
75 Oral B Toothbrushes ($2.25)
88 Crest Toothpaste ($2.99)
17 Olay Body Wash ($3.49)
24 Degree Deodorant ($0.99)
51 Colgate Toothpaste ($2.99)
55 Secret Body Spray ($3.49)
22 Nivea Shaving Cream ($2.99)
87 Campbells Soup ($0.59)
41 Scotch Bubble Mailers ($0.39)
4 ThermaCare Heat Wraps ($2.49)
15 Advil ($0.99)
24 Canned Oranges ($0.39)
53 Hair Bands ($1.99)
76 Robitussin ($2.49)
46 Candy Cane Pens ($0.20)

A mere mortal would have spent $1550.03 plus tax of $108.50 to purchase these items.  The Alpha Coupon Ninja spent a grand total of $19.29.  Granted, it took close to six hours to ring it all up in more than 100 separate transactions, but it was totally worth it.  My thanks to Adam, store manager; Ashley, Queen Cashier, and Brad, assistant manager and all the other Walgreens employees for letting me share their store for most of Saturday, and for being so kind throughout the process.  I know Take 5 will really benefit from all these items.  The scary part is that it will not even last a month.  That's how much need we have in Muncie for these types of personal care items.

Best day so far in the life of the Coupon Ninja.  Tomorrow, I'll post about how I did it. 

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow, I thought I got a lot last weekend. Hope someone there likes "Canned Oranges", whatever the heck those are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's so nice of you to take the time to do this to donate to needy people. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete